Welcome to the beautiful and sunny island of Cyprus!
Established in 2000, we are the first international summer camp in Cyprus, with over 22 years of experience bringing students from all over the world to improve their English! The English Sunny School of Cyprus is an international department for foreign students of the Eurognosi School.
We are aware that the quality of the accommodation and the teaching are very important elements of language trips for foreign students. We are offering a variety of new programmes during the year as well as creating new study and activity programmes for summer.
In 2023, we propose two summer camps experiences with the accommodation options in two hotels. Students can stay on the main campus in a comfortable 3* Moniatis hotel, situated just 15-20 minutes walking from the school or at the beautiful Park Beach hotel 3* located next to the beach of Dasoudi. We offer private transportation to bring the students to the school and to the beach.
For Adults and Family programs, we offer two additional hotel options at Ajax Hotel (4*) or Harmony Hotel (4*).
Cyprus is the best place to combine study with great holidays! This is due to the fact that Cyprus is former British colony and nearly everyone speaks English. That is why you can practice your language skills whilst enjoying the beach and the sunshine! The island boasts 350 days of sun per year and to cool off in the summer months you can swim in the hotel pool, in the sea – which is right on your doorstep – or enjoy “the biggest splash on the island” at the Waterpark of Limassol. Cyprus has a rich and varied history and students have the opportunity to visit many interesting places and to enjoy the rich culture, traditions and cuisine of the island.
We provide stimulating and effective language programmes which meet the needs and requirements of our international students. One of our main objectives is for the students to co-operate with each others and to develop a variety of speaking and social skills through innovative and communicative pedagogy.
Students find the lessons fun and inspiring because they are conducted in a very different manner to what they are used to at school. They learn to communicate and interact with people from other countries and other cultures. This leads to mutual understanding and tolerance towards others and strong friendships are created which continue, even after the students leave Cyprus.
We hope that you find all the information you need about our school in this brochure but please contact us for any queries you may have.
We look forward to welcoming you soon!
Claire Baker – Principal of the international department
- The English Sunny School of Cyprus was founded in 2000 and it was the first international summer school in Cyprus. Our school has been offering English language learning to international students in Cyprus for 22 years. The school is based on the concept that lessons can be fun and interesting whilst being dynamic and educational too.
- The school is located in Limassol, just before the Yermasoyia roundabout which leads onto the main motorway connecting the towns of Larnaca, Paphos and Nicosia. The school is situated a short walk (around 15 -20 minutes) from the hotel, passing along the top of the Yermasoyia River valley with its beautiful views. Our teachers come to the campus to pick-up younger students and teenagers to walk together to the school. The beach is just a 15 minutes walk from the school.
- Facilities: it is a modern school with bright, air-conditioned classrooms and a specialised computer room for study on the internet and for producing projects. There is a reception area and large terrace where students can take break between periods.
- Classes: To preserve an effective and personal learning environment, classes are limited to an average of 10 students per teacher.
- Around the school: it is close to all facilities with supermarkets, kiosks and banks right on the doorstep.
The address of the school: 73 Spyrou Kyprianou Street, Yermasoyia, Limassol 4042, Cyprus
The address of the Main Campus ESSC: 10 Naxou Street, Yermasoyia, 4144, Limassol, Cyprus